Peer-Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) are facilitated study groups: voluntary, regularly scheduled, informal review study sessions in which students compare notes, discuss readings, develop organizational tools and predict test items. Students work together to learn how to integrate course content and study skills.
PASS are facilitated by “peer leaders”, students who have previously done well in the course and who attend all class lectures, take notes, and act as model students. Unlike TAs, PASS Leaders do not re-lecture course material or solve assignments. Instead, they help students structure and prioritize their study routine, so that they can get the most out of their study time. PASS Leaders encourage students to work as a group to improve their understanding of the course material.
PASS for Winter 2018
- PASS Sessions will begin the week of January 15th.
- The times, location and PASS leader info can be found below.
- The PASS Schedule is subject to change, please check the website frequently for updates.
- MATH 1013 Mock Test SOluions held on Jan 23rd during regular PASS session times.
- MATH 1014 PASS Session times have changed from Thursday 2:30-4pm in BC 202 to Thursday 10-11:30 am in BC 203 starting the week of Jan 22nd.
You can download the PASS Schedule Poster - Winter 2018here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email inquiries to the PASS Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.