Peer-Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) are facilitated study groups: voluntary, regularly scheduled, informal review study sessions in which students compare notes, discuss readings, develop organizational tools and predict test items. Students work together to learn how to integrate course content and study skills.
PASS are facilitated by “peer leaders”, students who have previously done well in the course and who attend all class lectures, take notes, and act as model students. Unlike TAs, PASS Leaders do not re-lecture course material or solve assignments. Instead, they help students structure and prioritize their study routine, so that they can get the most out of their study time. PASS Leaders encourage students to work as a group to improve their understanding of the course material.
PASS for Winter 2018
- PASS Sessions may or may not be held during the Strike, please check the Facebook group for information on the corresponding course to see the most up to date information regarding PASS activities, cancellations and etc.
- PASS Sessions end on April 6th.
- Bethune College remains open however many other SOS services and programs are suspended during the strike.
- CHEM 2021 review session on April 3rd from 2:30-5:30 in BC 203.
- CHEM 1001 review session on April 3rd from 4-7.
- MATH 1014 Mock Exam solutions on April 4th from 10-1 in BC 203.
- MATH 1014 PASS session is cancelled on April 5th.
- CHEM 1001 Mock Exam session on April 9th from 11-1pm.
- PHYS 1010 Mock Exam session on April 5th during regular sessions.
- CHEM 2021 Review Session held on April 6th in BC 203 from 2:30-4.
- BIOL 1001 Review Session held on April 6th in BC 202 from 4-6.
- BIOL 1000 Review held on April 6th via Online Zoom session.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email inquiries to the PASS Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.