The role of the Science Student Caucus (SSC) is to represent, and be the voice of, students at the Faculty of Science Council and its subcommittees. As well, two members of SSC represent Science students in York's Senate. There are twelve members of Caucus.
Students registered in the Faculty of Science are eligible to be members of SSC.
Alita Gideon, Asma El Gaoud , Christopher Girgis, Donovan Dev, Gurpartap Sohal, Jennifer Trinh, Joshua Moyal, Robert Cheung (chair), Romina Noormohammadi, Rushi Patel, Steven Spector, Subhay Anwar.
All SSC members are part of Science Faculty Council. The Council meets every second Tuesday of the month from 3-4:30 pm in 306 Lumbers.
Two SSC members are also student Senators: Magdelina Yimesghen (June 30, 2019) and Robert Cheung (June 30, 2020).
SCC members also serve on Science sub-committees. These committees typically meet once per month (the regular time slot is shown in parenthesis further below). Descriptions of these committees can be found in the Rules & Procedures for Council.
- Academic Policy and Planning (Last Thurs of month 9-10:30): Asma El Goaud
- Appeals (2 student members) (Mon 11:30-1:30 or Tues 9:30-11:30): Christopher Girgis + Donovan Dev
- Curriculum (2 student members) (Last Tues of month 1:30-3): Jennifer Trinh + Gurpartap Sohal
- Examinations and Academic Standards (Wed 1-3 or Thurs 1-3): Subhay Anwar + Donovan Dev
- Executive (Tues 1:30-3): Steven Spector
- Petitions (2 student members) (Wed 2:30-4 or Thurs 2:30-4): Alita Gideon & Romina Noormohammadi
- Research and Awards (as needed): Gurpartap Sohal
- Teaching and Learning (3rd Thurs of month 1:1-2:30): Steven Spector
- Tenure and Promotions (last Fri of month 9-11): Rushi Patel
- Student Senators (2 students) (4th Thurs of Month, 3-5 pm): Magdelina Yimesghen (June 2019)