The role of the Science Student Caucus (SSC) is to represent, and be the voice of, students at the Faculty of Science Council and its subcommittees. As well, two members of SSC represent Science students in York's Senate. There are twelve members of Caucus.
Students registered in the Faculty of Science are eligible to be members of SSC.
Robert Cheung, Alita Gideon, Clarelle Gonsalves, Mohammad Kiumarsi, Do Eon (Joshua) Lee, Joshua Parsons, Rushi Patel, Karen Rowe, Chanhee Seo, Steven Spector, Thanusika Thuraiselvam, and Magdelina Yimesghen.
October Election Results
Seven students applied by the nomination deadline and were considered acclaimed: Robert Cheung, Alita Gideon, Mohammad Kiumarsi, Do Eon (Joshua) Lee, Joshua Parsons, Karen Rowe, and Steven Spector.
A further five were elected: Clarelle Gonsalves, Rushi Patel, Chanhee Seo, Thanusika Thuraiselvam, and Magdelina Yimesghen.
The SSC members are: Ishan Godra, Aline Huynh, Mohammad Kiumarsi, Joshua (Do Eon) Lee, Ajaay Persaud, Sheza Qayyum, Daniel Ratushnyak, Rebecca Sammy, Saloni Shah, Erica Shligold, Basilhea Woodley, Karin Yosef.
All SSC members are part of Science Faculty Council. The Council meets every second Tuesday of the month from 3-4:30 pm in 306 Lumbers.
Two SSC members are also student Senators.
SCC members also serve on Science sub-committees. These committees typically meet once per month (the regular time slot is shown in parenthesis further below). Descriptions of these committees can be found in the Rules & Procedures for Council.
- Academic Policy and Planning (Last Thurs of month 9-10:30)
- Appeals (2 student members) (Mon 11:30-1:30 or Tues 9:30-11:30)
- Curriculum (2 student members) (Last Tues of month 1:30-3)
- Examinations and Academic Standards (Wed 1-3 or Thurs 1-3)
- Executive (Tues 1:30-3)
- Petitions (2 student members) (Wed 2:30-4 or Thurs 2:30-4)
- Research and Awards (as needed)
- Teaching and Learning (3rd Thurs of month 1:1-2:30)
- Tenure and Promotions (last Fri of month 9-11)
- Student Senators (2 students) (4th Thurs of Month, 3-50 pm)