Bethune College Council is currently seeking a responsible student to hold the position of Administrative Assistant during the coming year.
- Complies with Article V #1, 15 BCC Constitution
- Acts as Speaker. Chairs all general and special BCC meetings and takes meeting minutes
- Notifies all members of BCC meetings via email correspondence
- Be an impartial and accurate recorder of discussions, motions, decisions, reports and of all other business and happenings at BCC meetings
- Duplicating, distributing and submitting of all minutes
- Oversees the proper handling and storage of the recorded minutes of all meetings of Council.
- To maintain an accurate list of all Council members and Affiliates of Council, including telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and any other information deemed appropriate by Council
- Within forty-eight hours of the meeting, ensure that the complete minutes of the previous meeting are duplicated and distributed, for discussion and approval at the next regular meeting of the BCC, and that copies of all minutes are submitted to the President and Executive Vice-President for approval.
- Warm & engaging personality
- A professional demeanour and image to prove compatible with BCC
- Independent, self-motivated, and organized, while flexible and adaptable
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and respond to priorities
- Excellent note taking and communication skills
- Proficient use of MS Office
- Has prior experience taking minutes/notes.
- Access to personal note taking equipment (laptop, tape recorder, or other devices of choice)
- Available to attend all general and special BCC meetings outside of the required office hours
- Be available to work a minimum of 3 office hours per week between 9 AM to 5 PM throughout the fall and winter
- Must attend a Basic Peer Leader training session to work in this position.
Interested applicants must submit a completed online application package which includes:
- A resume
- A brief outline of why you are interested and qualified for the position
- 2 reference letters verifying the applicant’s qualifications.