Bethune College Council is currently seeking a responsible student to hold the position of College Mascot during SU 2017 and the FW 2017-18 academic year.
- Perform as “Normy the Dragon” Mascot at community appearances and Bethune Dragons athletic and social events.
- Commit entirely to the assigned scheduled opportunities for “Normy” to appear at on-campus and off-campus events.
- Assist in creating routines for promotional entertainment.
- Distribute Bethune College promotional items designed to help increase school spirit and attendance at games and events.
- Personally interact with students/staff/faculty you encounter.
- Work events throughout the year, including summer if applicable.
- Warm & engaging personality
- A professional demeanour and image to prove compatible with Bethune College Council
- Independent and self-motivated, while flexible and adaptable
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond to priorities
- Able to work both individually and within a team
- Excellent teambuilding skills
- Must be enrolled in at least 18 credits (a minimum of 9 in the Fall and 9 in the Winter terms), and maintain this status throughout the FW16 terms.
- Ability to attend all BCC events when needed
- Ability to attend all BAC sporting events when needed
- Can be available to work during the SU term for promotional events
- Ability to work scheduled event dates, including outside of semesters if necessary.
- Ability to work nights and weekend work as required.
- Must be available for the entire duration of Academic and Social Orientations (September and January), York Fest and Frost Week
- Must attend a Basic Peer Leader training session to work in this position.
Interested applicants must submit a completed application package which includes:
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining why you are interested and suited for the position
- 2 reference letters verifying the applicant’s qualifications.
- A list of promotional ideas utilizing the college mascot
- Be required to perform a creative routine in the mascot costume
The deadline for submitting applications is March 22, 2017 at noon . All applications packages must be submitted online at bethune.yorku.ca/hiring.