The Bethune College Council is currently seeking a responsible student to hold the position of Digital Media Assistant for the coming year.
- Complies with Article V, #1, 17 of the BCC Constitution. NEW
- Documents all Bethune College Council events through pictures, video and social media for promotional purposes
- Assists the Vice-President Communications with creating and implementing a new Marketing strategy for BCC.
- Proposes new ways in which BCC can increase its exposure to the Bethune community and implements such plans.
- Updates and monitors the BCC website, Facebook groups, Twitter account and Digital Signage
- Responsible for designing, printing and ensuring that posters and other promotional materials are exposed to the greatest amount of Bethune students as possible.
- Ensures all advertising meets the timelines associated with each event as per the BCC Event Checklist.
- Ensures all advertising is approved and proofread prior to printing and distribution.
- Designs event poster templates during July and August in preparation for Fall/Winter. Uses the VP Social’s approved June 30th event submission list as the base for the design templates.
- Warm & engaging personality
- A professional demeanour and image to prove compatible with Bethune College Council
- Independent and self-motivated, while flexible and adaptable to working in a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and respond to priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and proofreading skills
- Prior experience promoting events and designing promotional materials/items
- Ability to use Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and other design programs to create promotional materials and designs not limited to posters, banners, clothing, etc.
- Ability to document different BCC events and produce material for mainstream viewing
- Works a minimum of 3 hours a week in the council office between 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM throughout the summer term
- Must be available to perform photography and videography for Academic and Social Orientations, YorkFest, Frost Week and the College Formal/s as well as any additional events as deemed necessary by the Vice-President External
- Must attend a Basic Peer Leader training session to work in this position.
Interested applicants must submit a completed application package which includes:
- A resume
- A brief outline of why you are interested and qualified for the position
- 2 reference letters verifying the applicant’s qualifications.
- Samples of different promotional ideas the BCC could potentially use
- Samples of candidate’s design work