Bethune College Council is currently seeking a responsible student to hold the position of
- Complies with Article V, #1, 2, 5 of the BCC Constitution.
- Completes the interim (January) and the year-end (May/June) audits.
- Follows the recommendations outlined in the Interim and Year-end Audits through the fiscal year.
- Maintains all BCC financial accounts and advises BCC on financial matters
- Disperses funds to the council and pays vendors in a timely fashion; i.e. printing cheques weekly
- Completes and presents monthly reports on financial standing and ongoing projects of the council
- Reconciles the bank statements on a monthly basis along with the President.
- Builds strong professional relationships with BCC affiliates
- Sits as a member of the Finance Committee
- Creates financial protocols and internal controls for tickets sales, disbursements, reimbursements and petty cash.
- Attends all BCC meetings and SCLD financial meetings outside the required office hours.
- Trains the next VP Finance through the duration of May next year.
- Submits a final report along with recommendations.
- Warm & engaging personality
- A professional demeanour and image to prove compatible with Bethune College Council
- Independent, self-motivated, and organized, while flexible and a team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and respond to priorities
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Proficient financial knowledge
- Works a minimum of 5 office hours per week in the council office between 9 AM to 5 PM throughout the fall and winter terms.
- Works a minimum of 6 hours a week in the council office between 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM throughout the summer term.
- Working knowledge of financial software; i.e. QuickBooks and willing to go for advanced training
- Experience working with fluctuating budgets and handling cash
- Must attend a Basic Peer Leader training session to work in this position.
Interested applicants must submit a completed application package which includes:
- A resume which includes any financial work experience.
- A brief outline of why you are interested and qualified for the position
- 2 reference letters verifying the applicant’s financial experience and qualifications.