Bethune College Council is currently seeking a responsible student to hold the position of Vice-President Social during the coming year.
- Complies with Article V #1, 2, 6 of the BCC Constitution.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of a vibrant social life within and at the service of the Community
- Oversees the planning and implementation of monthly social programs for the Bethune Community;
- Submits a list of all events for the fall and winter no later than June 30th
- Enlists the assistance of the Digital Media Assistant to create the advertising flyer and poster templates in the Summer term.
- Plans and implements Frost Week (mid-January) with the assistance of the Social Committee. Presents detailed plans and cost estimates to council for approval by mid-November.
- Plans and implements the year-end formal and any other formals the Bethune College Council approves. Organizes and presents to Council an outline of the details of the year-end event, and estimated costs, by the first BCC meeting in January.
- Uses the Event Planner Checklist for all events in order to comply with the timelines associated with budget proposal and approval, space booking, event advertising, sales/registrations.
- Works with the Digital Media Assistant to make sure that all events are promoted in a timely (prior to the start of sales) and effective manner (including proofreading of all promotions.)
- Builds strong professional relationships with BCC affiliates
- Chairs bi-weekly meetings of the Social Committee during the Summer semester and monthly during fall and winter.
- Attends weekly Executive Committee meetings during the SU and FW semesters starting the week of May 1.
- Keeps a full set of records in proper order; records all business contacts in the BCC Business Contact Log-Book and maintains a spreadsheet of all programming costs and revenues from events.
- Ensures to run one (1) event per year in conjunction with Bethune Residence
- Warm & engaging personality
- A professional demeanour and image to prove compatible with Bethune College Council
- Independent and self-motivated, while flexible and adaptable to working with a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and respond to priorities
- Excellent teambuilding and management skills
- Excellent and proven organizational skills as well as excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work proficiently with budgets
- Attend all BCC meetings outside the required office hours
- Be available to work a minimum of 5 office hours per week between 9 AM to 5 PM throughout the fall and winter terms
- Must attend a Basic Peer Leader training session to work in this position.
- Submit a final report including all event details as well as recommendations for the following year.
Interested applicants must submit a completed application package which includes:
- A resume
- A brief outline of why you are interested and qualified for the position
- 2 reference letters verifying the applicant’s qualifications.
- A list of ideas for events with detailed descriptions and price quotes attached for each. These ideas will be presented at the time of the interview