We are recruiting Senior Student Ambassadors for Fall/Winter 2018-2019! If you are part of the Faculty of Science, have a minimum cumulative GPA of B and are interested in applying, we look forward to receiving an application from you.
Senior Student Ambassadors are Science students that work with the Faculty’s recruitment team to educate prospective students on the benefits of attending York University. Student Ambassadors share their experience and represent Bethune College and the Faculty of Science at numerous on- and off-campus events. To learn more about Student Ambassadors, visit here.
This is a volunteer leadership position.
- Attend one hour, bi-weekly meetings with the program coordinator.
- Attend at least 3 major recruitment events per school year
- Assist with Explore Science when needed (a campus-based recruitment program)
- Lead March Break tours (TBD)
- Assist with Student Ambassador social media accounts (i.e. Instagram Account)
- Assist with SOS events such as recruitment, socials and SOS open house
- Attend the annual SOS Retreat in early May 2018 (date to be announced).
- Attend York Orientation Day (YOD) Training at August 27, 2018 (9am-3pm)
- Attend YOD on September 4, 2018 (10am-6pm).
- Attend Basic Peer Leadership (BPL) Training from 9am - 5pm on April 24, 2018.
Failure to attend any mandatory training may make you ineligible for the position. You will be given an opportunity to explain why you cannot during the application process but accommodations are not guaranteed.
Applications are submitted online.
- You will be asked for some information including times you are not available for an interview. Interview date will be announced shortly.
- You will be asked to upload the documents listed below. Please remove as much personal information as possible, including your name, and student number. We do not need this identifying information in the documents and it helps with our processing times.
- A Resume/CV and Personal Statement combined into one PDF file.
- Your personal statement should address why you would like to be a Student Ambassador, what strengths you bring to the role and what makes you proud to be a York University student.
If you would like more information or to access this information in a different format, please email the Student Ambassador Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest. Once you're ready, apply here.