The role of the Science Student Caucus (SSC) is to represent, and be the voice of, students at the Faculty of Science Council and its subcommittees. As well, two members of SSC represent Science students in York's Senate. There are twelve members of Caucus.
Students registered in the Faculty of Science are eligible to be members of SSC.
We will be holding elections in the first week of October. To nominate yourself please fill out this form by Wednesday September 25th at noon.
The following have been acclaimed: Aleeza Qayyum, Alita Gideon, Francis Calingo, Hila Akbari, Hyejung Kwon, Kavish Parikh, Rakan Omar, Robert Cheung, Romina Noormohammadi, Rushi Patel, Sarah Elnaffar, and Tanya Rajwani.
All SSC members are part of Science Faculty Council. The Council meets every second Tuesday of the month from 3-4:30 pm in 306 Lumbers.
Two SSC members are also student Senators: Romina Noormohammadi (June 30, 2021) and Robert Cheung (June 30, 2020).
SCC members also serve on Science sub-committees. These committees typically meet once per month (the regular time slot is shown in parenthesis further below). Descriptions of these committees can be found in the Rules & Procedures for Council.
- Academic Policy and Planning (Last Thurs of month 9-10:30): Rakan Omar (F), Rushi Patel (W)
- Appeals (2 student members) (Mon 11:30-1:30 or Tues 9:30-11:30): Alita Gideon & Romina Noormohammadi
- Curriculum (2 student members) (Last Tues of month 1:30-3):
- Examinations and Academic Standards (Wed 1-3 or Thurs 1-3):
- Executive (first Tues of month 1:30-3):
- Petitions (2 student members) (once a month, Wed 2:30-4 or Thurs 2:30-4): Aleeza Qayyum
- Research and Awards (as needed):
- Teaching and Learning (3rd Thurs of month 1:1-2:30): Hyejung Kwon
- Tenure and Promotions (last Tues of month 9-11): Hila Akbari (F)
- Student Senators (2 students) (4th Thurs of Month, 3-5 pm): Romina Noormohammadi (June 2021), Robert Cheung (June 2020)