The role of the Science Student Caucus (SSC) is to represent, and be the voice of, students at the Faculty of Science Council and its subcommittees. As well, two members of SSC represent Science students in York's Senate.
There are twenty undergraduate and five graduate (at least one from each graduate program) members of Caucus.
Undergraduate students registered in the Faculty of Science are eligible to be members of SSC.
Graduate students registered in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, Physics and Astronomy, and Science and Technology (one from each program) are eligible to be members of SSC.
We will be holding elections for the undergraduate representatives between Sept 30-Oct 2 via Evote.
Check out the Candidates.
Graduate members: Ellie Abdollahi (Biology)
All SSC members are part of Science Faculty Council. The Council meets every second Tuesday of the month from 3-4:30 pm in 306 Lumbers.
Two SSC members are also student Senators: Romina Noormohammadi (June 30, 2021) and Robert Cheung (June 30, 2020).
SCC members also serve on Science sub-committees. These committees typically meet once per month (the regular time slot is shown in parenthesis further below). Descriptions of these committees can be found in the Rules & Procedures for Council.
- Academic Policy and Planning (Last Thurs of month 9-10:30)
- Appeals (2 student members) (Mon 11:30-1:30 or Tues 9:30-11:30)
- Examinations and Academic Standards (Wed 1-3 or Thurs 1-3)
- Executive (first Tues of month 1:30-3)
- Graduate Education Committee (TBD)
- Petitions (2 student members) (once a month, Wed 2:30-4 or Thurs 2:30-4)
- Research and Awards (as needed)
- Teaching and Learning (3rd Thurs of month 1:1-2:30)
- Tenure and Promotions (last Tues of month 9-11)
- Undergraduate Curriculum (2 student members) (Last Tues of month 1:30-3)
- Student Senators (2 students) (4th Thurs of Month, 3-5 pm): Romina Noormohammadi (June 2021), Robert Cheung (June 2020)
Aleeza Qayyum, Alita Gideon, Francis Calingo, Hila Akbari, Hyejung Kwon, Kavish Parikh, Rakan Omar, Robert Cheung, Romina Noormohammadi, Rushi Patel, Sarah Elnaffar, and Tanya Rajwani.