Writing Centre Appointments are now online via Zoom (instructions).
About the Writing Centre
The Bethune Writing Centre can help you with the following:
- Review your work and learn to self-edit
- Write a critical argument and/or thesis for assignments
- Organize the structure of scientific reports and essays
- Reference and write citations
- Learning strategies and effective work habits
- Personal statements and applications
- Appointments with the writing instructor must be made at least one day in advance
- Cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
- Appointments can be made up to 3 weeks in advance
- Only one appointment at a time is permitted; you must wait until the next day to make another appointment.
- 50 minute appointments are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursday mornings.
- 35 minute appointments are available Thursday evenings.
- If the scheduled times do not work with your time zone, please contact the Writing Instructor.
Fall 2021 Schedule
|Wednesday||10-12 pm, 1-3 pm|
|Thursday||11-12 pm, 1-4 pm|
Starting Jan 26.
Starting Jan 20th we'll be offering Wednesday noon drop-in sessions every other week. These bi-weekly drop-ins are a chance to talk with the Writing Instructor about any writing related questions that you have. No appointment necessary, you can join at any time in the 50 minute session. This is an informal way to meet the instructor and talk about your writing projects, assignments, and any part of the writing process; for example, time management, editing, draft writing, how to overcome writer's block, and writing for an audience. On Wednesdays at 12pm, bi-weekly via the following Zoom link:
- Zoom Instructions
- LAPS Writing Centre for LAPS courses
- ESL Open Learning Centre
- Learning Commons at the Scott Library
- Writing and Organizing Essays
- Thesis Statements
- How Oral Presentations are Evaluated
- Purdue's Online Writing Lab
- English Writing Suggestions for Chinese-Speaking Students
- Carling, "The anatomy of an academic paper: a brief guide"
- Common Grammatical Errors: