Writing Centre Appointments are now online via Zoom (instructions).
About the Writing Centre
The Bethune Writing Centre can help you with the following:
- Review your work and learn to self-edit
- Write a critical argument and/or thesis for assignments
- Organize the structure of scientific reports and essays
- Reference and write citations
- Learning strategies and effective work habits
- Personal statements and applications
- Appointments with the writing instructor must be made at least one day in advance
- Cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
- Appointments can be made up to 3 weeks in advance
- Only one appointment at a time is permitted; you must wait until the next day to make another appointment.
- If the scheduled times do not work with your time zone, please contact the Writing Instructor.
Fall 2021 Schedule
|Wednesday||10-12 pm, 1-3 pm|
|Thursday||11-12 pm, 1-4 pm|
Starting Sept 20th.
Please note that these appointment slots are for Bethune College affiliated undergraduate students only (this includes all Lassonde and Science undergrads). This also includes students who need help in Lassonde or Science courses. Other students should use the LAPS Writing Centre instead. Appointments by non-Bethune students will be cancelled. Sorry.
We welcome feedback to help improve our services.
- Zoom Instructions
- LAPS Writing Centre for LAPS courses
- ESL Open Learning Centre
- Learning Commons at the Scott Library
- Writing and Organizing Essays
- Thesis Statements
- How Oral Presentations are Evaluated
- Purdue's Online Writing Lab
- English Writing Suggestions for Chinese-Speaking Students
- Carling, "The anatomy of an academic paper: a brief guide"
- Common Grammatical Errors: